Here at Boboli we seek to embrace all things Italian and our wine list is no exception. We have worked hard to create a list that reflects
the time-honoured classics of Lino's native land as well some quirky blends that only the Italians can do with such style.
Prosecco features but also a fabulous Franciacorta (the Italian equivalent of Champagne). Our whites range from the inevitable
Pinot Grigio (three currently listed!) to the expected Gavi and the lesser known Pecorino - not just a cheese you will find.
The reds sit splendidly on the list; the elegant Bardolino, the predictable Primitivo and the big and busty Amarone.
So indulge yourselves and enjoy!
WINES BY THE GLASS
(glass size 125ml | 175ml | 250ml)
SPUMANTI ~ SPARKLING
1. PROSECCO £5.35 | £7.50
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE £5.55 | £7.75
VINI BIANCHI ~ WHITE
8. TREBBIANO £3.45 | £4.85 | £6.90
11. PINOT GRIGIO £4.15 | £5.80 | £8.30
12. SAUVIGNON BIANCO £4.70 | £6.55 | £9.40
17. GAVI DI GAVI £4.90 | £6.85 | £9.80
VINO ROSATO ~ ROSE
30. CHIARETTO ROSATO £4.05 | £5.65 | £8.10
31. PINOT GRIGIO ROSÉ £4.20 | £5.90 | £8.40
VINI ROSSI ~ RED
35. SANGIOVESE £3.45 | £4.85 | £6.90
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO £4.05 | £5.65 | £8.10
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO £4.80 | £6.70 | £9.60
42. PRIMITIVO £4.85 | £6.75 | £9.70
1. PROSECCO, CASA DEFRA
Fresh and fruity, really easy drinking.
2. ROSÉ SPUMANTE, NANI RIZZI
Sparkling rosé from Veneto. Fruity and elegant, made from pinot nero grapes.
3. PROSECCO DI VALDOBBIADENE, NANI RIZZI
A prosecco of great finesse and real style – a cut above the rest.
4. FRANCIACORTA BRUT, MAJOLINI, ITALY
If Champagne were made in Italy - this is probably what it would taste like. Full flavoured and elegant fizz from the fantastic boutique house of Majolini.
WHITE... DRY & LIGHT
8. TREBBIANO, ROMETTA, EMILIA ROMAGNA
An easy drinking Italian little number, white, fresh and dry, and just a little bit fruity!
11. PINOT GRIGIO BELLA MODELLA, VENETO
A perfect light and extremely quaffable pinot. Light, fresh and just fruity enough.
12. SAUVIGNON, LE MARSURE, FRIUILI
A classy Italian sauvignon blanc – a bit more subtle than New World offerings.
13. PINOT GRIGIO, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO
A fabulously fresh Pinot Grigio. A little too drinkable?
WHITE... A BIT OF BODY, A LOT OF CLASS
15. VERDICCHIO, CIMARELLI, MARCHE
The seaside towns of the Marche have one of the greatest seafood wines on their doorstep in Verdicchio, something we like to replicate in Kibworth.
16. SOAVE CLASSICO, MONTEFORTE, VENETO
Crisp finish and soft fruits, an elegant wine, wonderful as an aperitif, or with antipasti.
17. GAVI DI GAVI, IL ROCCHIN, PIEMONTE
From the cortese grape and a fabulous gavi, exactly as it should be.
18. PINOT GRIGIO, VISINTINI, FRIULI
In place of our much loved Butussi, try this Visintini, as good if not better! Smooth fragrant fruit with a natural blush. Still one of our favourites.
WHITE... SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY
25. VERNACCIA DI SAN GIMIGNANO, GUIDI, TOSCANA
From Tuscany’s New York, the beautiful “Towers” of San Gimignano. A wine of golden colour, honey, tight mineral fruit that is unique, great and wonderfully enjoyable.
26. PECORINO, FRENTANA, MARCHE
Pecorino? Yes, it is a cheese, and a sheep, but not in this case! It is a rather lovely, full flavoured wine made organically and named after the local vine called Pecorino. Something a bit special to be honest.
27. GRECO DI TUFO, FERRANTE, DI MARZO, ITALY
Ferrante was born to make Greco, his ancestors created Greco di Tufo. It is a unique wine which could be described as a white for red drinkers – dry and surprisingly full.
28. SOAVE CALVARINO, PIEROPOAN, VENETO
A top flight single vineyard soave from one of the best, Pieropan. Rich in fruit with just enough acidity for great balance, I commend it to you.
29. VIOGNIER, ASCHERI, LANGHE
Matteo wanted to achieve a great Piemonte white capable of ageing for many years and his success is remarkable. The power, spice, intensity and fineness is pitch perfect, a very special wine.
ROSÉ... A LITTLE SOMETHING PINK
30. ANCORA ROSATO, CHIARETTO, PIEMONTE
A super, full fruit rosé. Rich in colour and yet a dry finish.
31. LA FARFALLA, PINOT GRIGIO ROSÉ, VENETO
A light and delicate rosé with typical pinot grigio fruit but still fresh and dry.
RED... FRUITY LITTLE REDS
35. SANGIOVESE, ROMETTA, EMILIA ROMAGNA
A quaffable and easy-drinking red from Emilia Romagna. Medium bodied with a touch of blackcurrant and berry fruit.
37. MONTEPULCIANO D’ABRUZZO, FRENTANA
The great all-rounder, light plummy fruit, vibrant and full of fun.
£21.50 bottle | £41.00 magnum
38. BARDOLINO CLASSICO, RECCHIA, VENETO
Soft and easy cherry fruit, lovingly made, lifting it out of the ordinary. Grown and created on the shores of Lake Garda, why wouldn’t you?
RED... RATHER SPLENDIDO
42. PRIMITIVO, AMBASCIATORI, SALENTO
Liquid sunshine, a wine that transports you to the baked earth of Puglia and unsurprisingly this is perfect with tomato, tuna and chilli stuffed peperoncini…
43. CABERNET FRANC & NERO D’AVOLA, MILLENOTE, SICILIA
A deep, dark and deliciously complex velvety wine. Cabernet Franc and Nero d’Avola aged in oak – what’s not to love?
44. PALUSTREL, MONTE DEI ROARI, VENETO
A well-structured red of merlot and cabernet franc… better for a little breathing.
45. CHIANTI CLASSSICO RISERVA, GUIDI, TOSCANA
An aristocratic, smooth riserva, aged for 2 years in oak – simply sublime.
46. SQUINZANO RISERVA, PUGLIA
Squinzano is home to some of the Salento’s greatest Negroamaro and this is an unreformed, huge powerful wine, made for red meats and strong cheeses. Also disturbingly enjoyable with no food at all!
47. AGLIANICO, BASILICATA
The guy that makes this wine really understands and loves his Aglianico, the fruit is deep and strawberry laced, tannins ripe and fine. Full bodied and not to be ignored!
48. RUBERPAN, VALPOLICELLA SUPERIORE, PIEROPAN
This blew me away, both elegant and structured. Rich and concentrate, full of black cherries and blackberries. Silky? You bet.. Really worth a try.
50. RIPASSO DEL VALPOLICELLA, VENETO
Twice fermented Valpolicella give a richness without the full-blown weight of an Amarone. A long time fave with our regulars!
51. AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO, BISCARDO, VENETO
Brilliant! Intense, complex and great structure, black cherries and a little bit nutty
52. BAROLO, BREZZA, PIEMONTE
Elegant and sophisticated with a bit of age, presents really well.
SWEETIES AND STICKIES
60. MARSALA SUPERIORE DOLCE, CURATOLO
Produced since 1875 by one of the oldest houses of marsala, aged in oak barrels. Full and mellow.
£40.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
61. VERDUZZO FIOR DI MANDORLO, CORMONS
A deep amber moscato, rich in tropical fruits and honey
£37.50 bottle | £6.75 glass (125 ml)
62. RECIOTO DI SOAVE, LA COLOMBARE, PIEROPAN, VENETO
A perfectly balanced pudding wine with just the right level of delicate sweetness.
£39.00 bottle (50 cl) | £9.75 glass (125 ml)
DELAFORCE WHITE PORT
£3.25 50ml glass | £6.75 125ml glass
NIEPOORT LBV PORT
£3.75 50 ml glass | £7.75 125 ml glass
NIEPOORT 'THE SENIOR TAWNY' PORT
A golden amber tawny port, lovely with cheese or just because.
£3.75 50ml glass | £7.75 125ml glass
An indulgent blend of fortified red wine and chocolate.
£4.50 50 ml glass | £9.50 125 ml glass